PHOTOS: 6 Things to See & Do at Third Friday, “Bloom” – May 20
Our next Third Friday open house is this week, and we’re gearing up to show off our Flower Power at “Bloom”! Our Third Fridays make an exciting night for the whole family to enjoy, or a super fun girls’ night out! This month, we’re showcasing our springtime-inspired artwork that looks beautiful inside or outside your home! Looking for inspiration for some garden decor? Check out studio assistant Sandy Krebeck’s back yard!
All ages are welcome, and admission is FREE! Here’s what we’ve got going on:
1. Check out live glassblowing demonstrations: Watch our professional artists transform make 2000 degree glass bloom into a beautiful work of art!
2. Glass art activities: Work in our studios to make your own paperweight, flameworked glass beads, fused glass jewelry or nightlight! ($35) Featured project: fused glass garden stakes.
3. Need a refresher? Grab a bite from the Holy Crepe! food truck and wash it down with a Dandelion Sweet Tea from the bar, made with locally made Lion’s Tooth Dandelion liqueur!
4. East Gallery presents “Birds at Third Degree” by Jeff Kapfer: a St. Louis favorite, Kapfer captivates art lovers with his bright and springy contemporary depictions of our feathered friends.
5. 8:00p: Tammy and the Grippies take the stage with some serious flower power — big hits from the 60’s and 70’s!
6. 8:30p: A heated performance by St. Louis Fire Technicians!
Come join us for the hottest arty party in town!
Friday, May 20
Doors open at 6:00p
Admission is FREE for all ages!