The production of glass art is a mesmerizing and exciting experience for all ages! We are a perfect place for field trips and group outings, with many different options to choose from. Discover how glass art is made. Take a tour of our unique gallery and studio space. You can even become a glass artist yourself with fun activities! Our private group options are fun and informative, and great for traveling tours, field trips, and even scout troops!
We have a new structure for these activities. Check out what we offer!
Your guide will take you on an in-depth tour that will give your group a front row view of our three studios, where local artists make a variety of glass art. It’s also a wonderful option for any traveling group to get the full Third Degree experience!
- $100 for the first 6 people, $15 per additional person, up to 30.
- Available Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 10:00a-4:00p.
- Ages 6 and up.
- One adult chaperone required per 10 students. No cost for required adult chaperones.
Discover the ancient art of glassblowing with a live demonstration! Our glass artists will wow you as they transform 2000°F hot glowing glass into a beautiful vase, bowl, sculpture and more. Their narrated demonstration will explain the glassblowing process step-by-step as they create a unique work of art live before your eyes.
- $250; Discounted to $150 for qualified educational groups.
- Demonstrations last 45-60 minutes. AvailableWednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 10:00a-4:00p.
- Maximum amount of guests: 40. No minimum.
Get hands-on with glass! Work with one of Third Degree’s artists to create your own artwork! We have multiple options available for a variety of ages.
- $200 for 4 guests; $50 per additional guest.
- AvailableWednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays 10:00a-4:00p.
- Also available as an addition to private events in our gallery.
Work with 2000°F glass to sculpt your own unique paperweight! Our artists will guide you through the basic techniques of working with hot glass as you mold clear, molten, and colored glass frit into a colorful piece of art.
- Ages 10+
- Approximately 15-20 minutes per person
One of our skilled flameworking artists will guide you through the basic steps of using a torch to melt colorful glass rods into small beads, discs, drops, or other shapes. String your creations onto cords as beaded jewelry or use your beads in your own inventive way.
- Ages 10+
- Make as many beads as you are able for 45 minutes!
In the Kiln studio, Third Degree artists will guide you through the process of making your own glass night light. Work with cold, colorful glass cutouts to create your own pattern or design on a 3”x3” tile. Our artists will then fuse it in our kilns and turn it into a lighted memento.
- Ages 6+
- Approximately 15-20 minutes per tile
- Minimum of 4 guests
Become a jewelry designer for an afternoon. Choose from a variety of colorful dichroic glass pieces to create your own pendant, earrings, or both. Third Degree artists will assist you through the design process and then fuse your designs in the kiln.
- Ages 6+
- Approximately 15-20 minutes per set (earrings & pendant)