Glass itself is an infinitely renewable art media, and that’s only the beginning! As an active participant in the St. Louis Green Business Challenge, Third Degree invites the public to its free open house to learn how to reduce their carbon footprint while enjoying a spectacular party!
Go green and take the Metro! We have a bus stop right in front of our studios. Guests who show their tickets at the bar will receive one free beer!
- Check out live hot glass demonstrations all night!
- Reuse your old glass bottles! Have them “slumped” (melted flat) inside our kiln for a variety of uses! See photo below. $15 per bottle*
- Experience glass art: Work in our studios to make your own paperweight, flameworked glass beads, fused glass jewelry or nightlight! ($35)
- Meet with the green transportation experts from Metro to learn more about why public transportation is good for the environment!
- Look good in an eco-friendly car! Check out a Tesla on the front lawn!
- Eat local! Grab a bite from Urban Eats!
- Even better: Wash it down with our signature drink, a cucumber cooler with locally-made Square One Cucumber Vodka!
- East Gallery presents “Fueled by Color” – artwork by Sherry Salant: bold and vivid images revealing the beauty of nature.
- 8:00p: Salt of the Earth is back for another rockin’ good time!
- 8:30p: The heat is on when St. Louis Fire Technicians perform on the patio!
*Bottles must be cleaned before drop-off. Bottles with paper labels, glue residue, plastic rings, etc., will not be accepted.