BACK TO INDEX
October 8, 2014
Oct. 17: Fires Up Birthday Blowout Bash
Every October we turn up the heat, pull out the stops, and get our (par-tay) game on. The countdown begins…
Join us for a Blowout Bash of ginormous proportions. Cheer the Pumpkin Death Match. See what pops in a made-on-the-spot hot glass bowl. Be entertained with “Thriller” fire spinning. Be amazed at the Great Pumpkin Blow. Anything could happen…
*Doors locked from 4-6p on Third Friday to prep. We reopen at 6p to Bash!*
What happens when?
- 6p. The fiery fun begins…See glassblowing demos. Sign-up for hands-on activities ($25-$35). Gallery presents Alternate Views: Ann Aurbach. Chef Heidi dishes deelish ($2-$8). For menu and MORE.
- 7:15p Glassblowers from Third Degree and Astral Glass Studio square off and compete at the Glass Pumpkin Death Match. Audience cheers decide which glass pumpkin lives — and which gets tanked.
- 8p For a popping good time, see popcorn meet a Hot Blown Bowl. And in the gallery, The Wise Brothers tune up hot and wicked R&B.
- 8:15p Fire Techs “Thriller” you with heat-defying acts on the outside lawn.
- 9p The Fabulous Finale. How many glassblowers does it take to blow a giant pumpkin? A team! Watch as seasoned pros handle large amounts of glowing molten glass. The Giant Pumpkin made live will be raffled. And you could win it. Free.
This Blowout Bash is part of American Craft Week, a national event to raise awareness and celebrate American fine craft.
Save the Date: Third Friday, November 21. Signature ornaments revealed! Free photo booth in VW bus. And more…