May 16, 6-10p: Exotic Rules Third Friday
Ready to rock adventure? Of course you are. It’s an Exotic Rules Third Friday. See below…
***Doors locked from 4-6p on Third Friday to prep. At 6p we fling ‘em open to Par-Tay!***
Glass and exotic lands have History together. Seems the Phoenicians began glassblowing around 50 BCE. Many of their techniques are still used today. Check it out during Third Friday’s glassblowing demonstrations. Gallery presents Contemporary Ancient. Belly dancing performance. Henna tattoos. At 8p live music with Middle East vibe. Fire spinning.
- For the hearing impaired, sign language interpreters from SLCC-FloValley’s program will sign during glassblowing demonstrations.
- FREE Henna Tattoos infused w essential oils by Allyson unlock your inner goddess.
- 7p Aalim Belly Dance shakes things up, entertains with mini-performance, invites you to join the fun.
- 8p Cora Lowry with Final Veil ramps up electronic music with Middle East vibe.
- Sundown Fire Spinning by those fiery, fearless St. Louis Fire Technicians.
- Thirsty? Drink Specials: 1) Spiced Sangria w Rosemary and 2) Dark & Stormy w ginger beer and dark rum. Mmm.
- Hungry? Chef Heidi takes us there with hummus & pita, Tandoori Chicken, cous cous and more. See menu. $2 – $8
- East Gallery presents: Contemporary Ancient by Carol Zeman and Leandra Spangler. A rich tactile experience with fiber and artist made paper that explores contemporary issues related to primordial images. On view through June 17.
- Impress your pool peeps: Make your own “glass”terpieces: tiles, nite lites, beads, paperweights, fused jewelry. $25 – $35
- Does Mumsy need sparkle? Yeps! Splash the cash for cool-created-right-here by Third Degree artists.
Save It: June 20 Third Friday. Hello Summer! It’s about food trucks, summer games, and foot-stomping bluegrass by The Thin Dimes. Gallery presents paintings by Lon Brauer and glass froggies, bugs and other critters by Lee Black.