BACK TO INDEX
June 12, 2014
June 20: Food Trucks, Cool Blues, Hot Glass
Hello Summer! Food Trucks, Hot Glass, Cool Blues? We say Yessss!
***Doors locked 4-6p to prep for Third Friday. Then they fling open to Par-Tay!***
10 Ways to Kick Off Summer and Groove on COOLness:
- So Cool! Watch glassblowers take a gather of molten glass. A blowpipe. A puff of air. Presto! Art. Note: For the hearing impaired, sign language interpreters from SLCC-FloValley’s program will sign during glassblowing demonstrations.
- You’re Cool. Because you’re standing behind the glass wall enjoying the air conditioning while watching artists blow glass.
- Food Trucks are Cool! And dee-lish. It’s a Food Truck Third Friday: Brazil Express, Seoul Taco, Kona Shaved Ice and Sia’s Italian Gelato. Dine in the galleries or courtyard.
- FREE honey tasting. Oh-so-naturally Cool! Sandy Brooks – artist, beekeeper, native gardener – shares her passion with a honey tasting from this spring’s harvest. Samples are limited.
- Cool to-do’s. Sign up for a guided glass adventure. Make summer glass tiles, nightlights, paperweights, beads or fused jewelry. ($25 – $35)
- More Cool to-do’s. Chalk and hula hoops in the courtyard. Yippee! Play time!
- Cool & refreshing Drinks of the Month: Grasshoppers and Mojitos. Mmm.
- Art is Cool. East Gallery presents: Why Paint by Lon Braur, featuring en plein landscapes. Concurrent exhibit is Bees Knees and Psychedelic Frogs, glass critters by Lee Black. On view June 20 – July 15.
- Blues so HOT they’re Cool! At 8p The Thin Dimes rev up their high-energy foot stompin’ bluesy folk.
- They dance w fire. At sundown watch Fire Techs in heat defying acts. Cool!