GLASS CEREMONIESVIEW OUR WEDDING GALLERY
Glass Ceremonies: A Unique Take on the Traditional Unity Ceremony
Love is like glass: beautiful, infinitely renewable and hot! Third Degree is taking the the idea of a Unity Ceremony to the next level with our custom Glass Ceremony. Much like a sand ceremony, couples use colored glass crystals called FRIT in place of sand for their unity ceremony during their wedding. First, couples order colored frit that match their wedding colors. We can send wording for your officiant to use during the ceremony too!
After combining the frit during their wedding ceremony, couples may bring or mail their vessel to Third Degree and work with one of our glass artists to design a one-of-a-kind glass creation that will last a lifetime. From bowls and platters (which can be used every day as a loving reminder) to molded vases or sculpted glass objects d’art, couples have the freedom to decide what works best.
These combined pieces of glass will be permanently fused as they are heated further adding to the symbol of a commitment. Couples can even create multiple pieces with their combined frit such as personalized gifts of thanks for parents and friends- christmas ornaments or wine-stoppers.
Pricing for What’s Included
1. Objets d’ Art: vase, double helix, bowls and much more! Starts at $175.
2. Colored Glass (called Frit) is $100 for each color. Most couples order two to three colors. We will send about 200 grams of each color.
3. OPTIONAL: The ceremony “set up” includes three glass vases: two skinny 7.5″ cylinders for pouring and one wider 7.5″ unity vessel. $15
4. OPTIONAL: We can engrave your unity vessel, if you’d like to feature your monogram or wedding date. Starts at $35.
5. OPTIONAL: Want to see your work come to life? Your piece can be created LIVE during a glassblowing demonstration! $250