GLASS CEREMONIESSHOP NOW
Glass Ceremonies: A Unique Take on the Traditional Unity Ceremony
Love is like glass: beautiful, infinitely renewable and hot! Third Degree is taking the the idea of a Unity Ceremony to the next level with our custom Glass Ceremony. Much like a sand ceremony, couples use colored glass crystals called frit in place of sand for their unity ceremony during their wedding.
1. Couples pick and order colored glass crystals. Some couples pick the colors of their wedding. Some pick a scheme that matches their home’s decor. We offer lots of options. Check out all of the color selections below.
2. Next, they pick what they will have made. Bowls and platters, which can be used every day as a loving reminder, to sculpted glass objects d’art, like our Double Helix or Open Heart. Couples have the freedom to decide what works best.
3. Third Degree preps the crystals. Then, couples can either pick up their crystals at Third Degree, if they live in the St. Louis area, or we can ship them to out of town folks. We also offer the vases to pour with. See below.
4. They combine their colors during the wedding as a Unity Ceremony. We even send wording for your officiant to use! We’ve got some pretty amazing photos of Glass Ceremonies in action below.
5. After the wedding, couples deliver or ship their mixed crystals back to Third Degree.
6. Then the magic happens! One of our talented artists will create a one-of-a-kind glass creation with the couple’s mixed crystals that will last a lifetime. Couples can choose to have multiple pieces made with their combined frit such as personalized gifts of thanks for parents and friends – decorative ornaments or wine stoppers. Glass Ornaments and Bottle Stoppers start at $30. Vases and Bowls typically cost around $175. We offer lots of options here too. Check out our selection and our portfolio of completed pieces below.
7. Last, when the piece has cooled and polished, it’s ready for pick up! We mail finished work to our out of town couples.
Pricing For What’s Included
1. Objets d’ Art: bottle stoppers, wine glasses, vases, our double helix, bowls and much more! Prices are based on the object. See below.
2. Colored Glass (called Frit) is $100 for each color. Most couples order two to three colors. We will send about 200 grams of each color.
3. OPTIONAL: The ceremony “set up” includes three glass vases: two skinny 7.5″ cylinders for pouring and one wider 7.5″ unity vessel. $15 local pick-up / $30 shipped
4. OPTIONAL: We can engrave your unity vessel, if you’d like to feature your monogram or wedding date. Starts at $50.
5. OPTIONAL: Want to see your work come to life? Your piece can be created LIVE during a glassblowing demonstration! $300
PICK YOUR COLORS
With more than two dozen colors to choose from, your Glass Ceremony art can be as unique as your love! Need suggestions? Give us a call and we can help!See Your Options
We offer a beautiful variety of artwork for your Glass Ceremony! Pick out a piece for your home, and add on smaller items like ornaments or wine stoppers as gifts!SEE OUR OPTIONS
Glass Ceremonies make an amazing gift for soon-to-be newlyweds!
A Gift of $390 covers 2 colors of frit (200g each), one set of pouring/unity vessels, and our base price for a handmade work of art.
Gift cards sold at the link below are virtual. If you would like to purchase a physical gift card, please call us at 314.367.4527.Purchase Your Virtual Gift Card