Third Degree Glass Factory is looking for an Events Coordinator for a busy events department. 32 to 35 hours a week. Hours are flexible– possibly Tuesdays-Saturdays from 9am-4pm with the option for Event Management shifts on the weekends. We are looking for someone who will get their hands dirty and work hard. A self-starter who finds grace in the minutia, beauty in the details. Someone who isn’t afraid to take ownership of their position and go home everyday feeling proud about where they work.
We are not your standard event venue. You’d be organizing events in a renovated warehouse turned art gallery/event venue among beautiful artwork and the visionaries who craft and support it.
Glass is Amazing.
We love it. We’ve built our lives around it.
And we want to share our passion with everyone who walks through the door.
Third Degree is a special place and we are searching for a person who will thrive in the position and help us grow.
All of our decisions and actions are driven by our 3 Core Values:
1. Passion – Having enthusiasm for the work that you do. We are not here for the money.
2. Ownership – Respecting/nurturing the business as if it were your own.
3. Scrappiness – Completing tasks in ways that are creatively efficient and economical.
• Coordinate vendors & serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Order and maintain inventory and supplies-both general operation and event specific.
• Aggressively gather information on each project to ensure successful events.
• Create and revise room layouts for each event. Supervise setup of tables and chairs.
• Order staging, rentals and audiovisual equipment.
• Conduct research and find resources to help make decisions about event possibilities.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
• Close out all events as required: follow up, evaluations, etc. . .
• Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space and scheduling of events on the calendar.
• Answer phones and inquiries. Give site visit tours and prepare proposals (not contracts).
• Have at least two years event experience.
• Have their own transportation.
• Have Microsoft Office Experience.
• Understand Google Drive and how it works.
• Adobe Illustrator and WordPress knowledge preferred but not necessary.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.