The City St. Louis & St. Louis County recently announced a “soft” reopening of businesses to the public on Monday, May 18. While we are excited to open back up to continue providing amazing experiences for all our guests, Third Degree will be taking the following precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Effective upon opening, and until further notice, all visits to TDGF are to be done by appointment only. Call our main line at 314.367.4527 or contact one of our staff directly from our Contact Us page.
- All event spaces, studios, and workspaces are equipped with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. All employees are required to wear masks while working, and keeping six feet apart where possible.
- Routine cleaning of all frequently touched items and surfaces in our facilities will be done using approved disinfectant cleaners every day, and depending on use, several times throughout the day. Note: this does not include glass art on display.
- Employees and staff are required to stay home if they have respiratory symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath) and/or a temperature above 100.4 F.
- Employees are required to leave work immediately if they develop these symptoms while at the workplace, and contact their healthcare provider to assess whether a coronavirus test should be done.
- Everyone must shield coughs and sneezes very carefully with a tissue, elbow, shoulder or directed inside of clothing, and never using bare hands. Disposal of used tissue should be done immediately, and then thoroughly wash hands.
- All employees and staff are instructed to wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, using paper towels or a drying machine to thoroughly dry hands. This is to be done minimally following the use of a restroom, after shielding a cough or sneeze, before handling food or beverage, and after return outside of the workplace. If soap and water are not immediately available, the use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, vigorously rubbing in a quarter-sized amount for 20 seconds, is required.
- All employees, staff, and guests have ready access to washing facilities that are kept well stocked with soap and paper towels at our facilities.
- Telephone and text lists for all staff are maintained to allow immediate contact if any situation requires their attention.
Help us help you!
- If you have particular concerns or feedback, we encourage you to reach out to any of us to share concerns with our team. We are dedicated to doing our best to address your concerns as we navigate this uncharted territory.
We are grateful for your continued dedication to our community of glass artists! Please keep up with us via Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You may also sign up for our email newsletter, book an Experience, inquire about a future private event, and much more on stlglass.com.