Want to learn about planning events? Recently graduated and looking for experience? Need to complete a work-study program through your major?
Want to work in a beautiful environment for an inspired cause?
Third Degree is seeking interns in our busy Events Department. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with the Event Director who offers 19 years of event experience. We offer 4 week, 8 week and 10 week fun-filled internships. Interns typically work 5-10 hours a week. Or we can craft an internship to match your school’s program. All internships are non-paid.
Event Intern Duties Include:
- Aggressively gather information on each project to ensure successful events
- Order staging, rentals, linens and audiovisual equipment as needed
- Conduct research and find resources to help make decisions about event possibilities
- Sit in on client meetings
- Create and revise planning materials and room layouts
- Assist with event set ups and supplies
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Prepare event planning materials for Event Managers and Event Staff
- Close out all events as required: thank you e-mail, thank you letter with evaluation, refund deposit, follow-up with items created during events, etc…
- Occasional needs: make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of TDGF and the client
- Computer knowledge
- Microsoft Office & Google Drive experience preferred but not necessary
- Reliable transportation (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Positive friendly attitude
- Hard-worker with attention to details
For more information, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Rachel at 314-367-4527, ext. 204.