In honor of Earth Day this month, we are dedicating this blog to sustainable events and weddings. Third Degree strives to take steps towards sustainable or “green” practices year-round. So if you’re looking for an eco-friendly venue, look no further than Third Degree Glass Factory!
THIRD DEGREE’S COMPLETED SUSTAINABLE INITIATIVES:
- Completed a sustainability policy for our company and shared it with our employees, vendors, and supply chain
- Developed a policy to purchase only ENERGY STAR-rated computers, office equipment and kitchen equipment
- Established a company-approved no-idling plan at your dock and driveway
- Completed a green purchasing policy addressing office paper, janitorial paper and cleaning supplies
- Completed a lighting audit to identify energy conservation potentials
- Distributed sustainability education materials to our employees at the workplace
- Installed recycling and/or composting collection sites throughout the workplace
- Eliminated Styrofoam in our company’s kitchen supplies
- Eliminated plastic bottles for use in corporate meeting and events, replaced with refillable serving options
- Converted to use of a minimum 30% recycled paper content for office paper or janitorial paper products
- Replaced 10% of low-efficiency lighting with high efficiency lighting such as compact fluorescent or T-8 or LED lamps
- Made use of utility or other efficiency incentives to improve business’ overall energy efficiency
- Purchased renewable energy credits
- Installed a rain barrel
PREFERRED ECO-FRIENDLY VENDORS
Considering a “green” wedding? Third Degree can help! Event Director, Rachel McCalla, is an experienced “green” event planner. She’s planned “green” events for companies such as the United States Green Building Council, STLGREEN.COM, and The Earthways Center- a Division of the Missouri Botanical Gardens. From plant-able invitations to lush organic succulents and flowers, the following vendors offer sustainable products and implement eco-friendly practices.
Catering – Russo’s Catering has an entire Sustainable Catering Division that is quite impressive. From recyclable disposables to food donation, Russo’s is one of the best “green” catering companies around.
Stationery – Forever Fiances provides eco-friendly paper products that can be planted after your event.
Flowers – Flowers and Weeds is a local florist who provides all fresh organic florals for events, with a focus on seasonality.
Catering – Seed, Sprout, Spoon – formerly known as Local Harvest, they pride themselves on providing organic, local, homegrown food and supporting other local vendors.
JENNY & SEAN BRADLEY – MARCH 25, 2017
Jenny & Sean Bradley’s decor consisted of beautiful sustainable lush succulents and terrariums, most of which decorated the East Gallery guest tables. Did you know that terrariums are small eco-systems in transparent containers that are known to improve air quality, increase positivity, and may reduce stress levels! Just one of the many ways to implement eco-friendly practices during your event! They also make great memorabilia from your special night, without the waste.
“Rachel & Tracey –
Thank you so much for such a wonderful experience for our wedding. Everything was so perfect and went so smooth. The staff was so professional and great to work with. Everyone did a great job of changing the room from the ceremony to the reception and it all happened so fast!
We received so many compliments on what a neat and different place Third Degree Glass Factory is. That is exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue. Thank you for making our wedding day so special and one we will never forget.”
-Vicki and Adam
Ready to plan your GREEN wedding? Check our availability here, or contact Rachel McCalla, Events Director, at email@example.com or 314.367.4527, ext. 204. Check out our full list of wedding services, including rehearsal dinners, handmade glass gifts, and much more!